If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (601) 634-0909

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Reducing Fire Risks in Your Office

9/1/2021 (Permalink)

Offices suffer fire damage much more than you think. A fire in an office workplace is devastating to not only employees but also the business owner. Educating not only yourself but your employees can help minimize fires. 

Because offices are jampacked with computers, phones, printers, kithen appliances, and more, over time the electrical system can become overwhelmed. This can cause electrical shock which can result in a spark or fire starting. You should check electrical panels regularly and make sure no wires are corroded. 

If your office is not regularly being cleaned, dust is accumulating. When dust builds up on wood, metal and plastic is can become a fire hazard. Items that heat up such as computers, microwaves and wires should be kept dust free.

Offices often have many papers, boxes, furnishings, and packaging lying around. All of these items can cause a fire to spread quicker than normal. Although many items are essential to everyday life, keeping the areas tidy will minimal possible damage. 

Most employees have a computer at their desk these days. Employees should ensure they are not letting their computers overheat, or leaving laptops on materials that could catch fire.  

Other News

View Recent Posts